Etsy is the most popular online marketplace for selling handmade goods. Established brands use Etsy to enhance their online stores. Besides these reputed eCommerce firms, Etsy is also a dream place for newbie craftsmen to sell their artistic items. Etsy is a perfect combination of eBay and a flea market that is open to anybody with artsy, vintage, or craft items. In 2019, Etsy had 45.7 million members. This number increased to 60.27 million members which shows that Etsy is expanding at a rapid pace. Easyship offers shipping automation to streamline your fulfillment and shipping processes. Plus, with Easyship, you can save up to 70% off all shipping rates from couriers like USPS. Before discussing how to sell artistic items on Etsy in this article, you can use Easyship to ship with Etsy.
The Benefits of Selling On Etsy
From Beautiful clothing to cat fedoras, makers display their items on Etsy. Since Etsy’s reputation among art-conscious shoppers is as a one-stop-shop for art, fashion, homewares, and more. Therefore, all these Etsy’s products sell like hotcakes. Etsy is a spectacular platform for eCommerce sellers with artsy or craft products. It is the spot to sell products that are inspired by creativity.
The Cost of Free Shipping on Etsy
Every 3rd online customer out of 4, anticipate receiving free shipping on shopping under USD 5. Moreover, online shoppers also prefer free shipping in this era of Amazon Prime. Therefore, to flourish its business, Etsy also encourages its eCommerce sellers to include free shipping offers in their listings. To give such stores that offer free shipping a higher ranking in its search results, Etsy changed its listing algorithm officially in 2020. In simple words, if a store offers free delivery, it will appear more prominently on the web. Plus, that store will be found easily by customers in more searches. However, if you refuse to offer free shipping, the visibility of your store will diminish.
Related Post :- Dropshipping Business Tips
How much does it cost to sell product on Etsy?
You may be wondering what is the cost of selling products on Etsy? The good news is that you can start your Etsy store for free. But, you will have to pay the following fees while selling on Etsy:
- USD 0.20 per listing fee
- You will pay 5 percent of each sale as a transaction fee
- USD 0.25 per transaction and 3 percent as payment processing fee
- Minimum USD 1 per day promotion fee
- Costs of shipping including taxes and duty
To get started, you’ll have to spend $0.20 for a product listing. Luckily, you can include more than one product in the listing like 100 different colored hats in one listing. After every 4 months, you have to renew the listing. Otherwise, your listing will not remain active. For example, if you have 100 items in an Etsy listing, you’ll only spend USD 20 in four months.
The transaction fee is 5% of your every sale on Etsy. Let’s assume that you have sold a USD 200 handcrafted table, Etsy will charge USD 10 from you. In terms of the payment processing fee, you will pay a fee of 3% + $0.25 for each transaction. After Etsy fees, you will get USD 183.55 after selling a handcrafted table of USD 200 worth.
To advertise your listings on Etsy, you will have to pay at least USD 1 per day. This promotion service uses offsite ads helping Etsy retailers get visibility about the potential buyers.
7 Steps For How to Sell On Etsy
These are the seven steps to set up an Etsy store.
1. Create Your Store
Go to Etsy’s official website and select “Sell on Etsy” from the drop-down menu. On the next screen, click the “Open your Etsy Shop” option.
2. Customize Your Etsy Shop
Take a moment to customize your Etsy selling options. The following fields will be required of you:
Name Your Etsy Shop: Your shop name must be fewer than 20 characters long. You can include any keywords. And your shop name must not contain any non-letter, spaces, or number characters.
Shop Description: Briefly describe your Etsy store in terms of what you sell in the shop title.
Social Media Sharing: Don’t ignore the power of social media. Your social media links are very helpful to promote your store.
Shop Announcement: Offer vital suggestions to potential purchasers.
Default Message: Set the default message about your Etsy shop that your purchasers will upon buying any of your products.
Bio of Your Store: An engaging story about your business process, products, and motivation for selling can draw buyers.
Related Post :- Top 15 Dropshipping Suppliers USA
3. Create Your Shop Policies
This is where you establish the parameters for what you sell on Etsy, such as:
- Welcome Message: Give your Etsy store visitors a concise description of your store and why it exists. Plus, you can include keywords, in your welcome message for SEO purposes.
- Policies of Shipping: Outline your shipping policy including where you ship to, whether you offer free shipping and other important shipping information. Here are some suggestions for building a straightforward shipping policy.
- Money-Back Policy: Make it clear what occurs if a customer asks for a refund, as well as which orders are eligible for a money-back policy.
- Details about the seller: Share your business address, contact information, and any other important information you think that buyers should know about your brand.
4. Share About Your Shop
In the “Your Shop” area, go into detail about your items, business story, and business partners.
- Members: If you desire, you can like the profiles of other Etsy sellers.
- Story: Tell your story about what inspired you to launch an Etsy store, and how did you get this goal. This story can attract more buyers, and this is a perfect platform to share links to your social media, website, and other resources.
- Manufacturers: Mention any unique selling characteristics about your manufacturer, such as whether your products are handcrafted, environment friendly, or you source them locally.
5. List Your Products
When you’re ready to make an Etsy listing, fill in the following sections:
- Title: Give your product listing a descriptive name that includes any keywords.
- About: Discuss what is your product, who made the product, how it was made, and when the product was made.
- Category: Choose an item category and subcategory to make it easier for buyers to search your Etsy listing.
- Type: Choose between tangible and digital items.
- Quantity and Price: In the listing, specify the price and the number of items that are available for buyers. If you sell products that have different sizes, styles, or colors make a list of them.
- Product Description: Include any keywords in your product description to attract visitors’ curiosity.
- Photos: At least one high-quality photo is essential with each listing, ideally more, to give buyers a sense of an idea of the product they’re buying.
- Thumbnails: The first thing consumers see in the search results of Etsy is the thumbnail of your listing. A collection of enticing thumbnails is essential for convincing buyers to enter your store and make a purchase.
- Fee for shipping: Enter the exact charges of an item’s delivery, such as:
- Buyer shipping costs or free shipping alternatives
- Time to process Zip code of origin
- Mention weight and size of the product
- Destination of your shipping
6. Select Payment Methods
If you sell on Etsy, you can accept a variety of payment options, including:
- Etsy accepts credit cards payment methods
- Debit cards can be used to make purchases
- Credit in the store
- Gift cards from Etsy
- PayPal and other e-wallets payment options
- Payments on Etsy
Because it’s the simplest way to accept payments, most Etsy sellers utilize Etsy Payments to receive payments.
7. Add Billing Information You may be prompted to submit billing information, such as a credit card, depending on your location. This enables Etsy to charge you for fees associated with selling.